Developers iniSimulations has shared their 5th development update which focuses on the A300-600R(F) for X-Plane 11, along with some new information on their A380. In this update, the team has gone to a great length to share some of the systems and sounds to expect in the aircraft upon release, along with some of the features to be included with the aircraft.
Starting with the systems, iniSimulations has confirmed that the A300-600R(F) will feature custom VNAV, LNAV, altitude and speed constraints through the autopilot, along with independent FMS systems. Furthermore, the aircraft will feature a custom hydraulic, electrical, fuel operation and pressurisation system unique to the aircraft, as well as an extensive flight model and faithfully recreated landing and take off performance with ground effect simulation.
Despite this being the first aircraft product released by iniSimulations, the team are aiming to produce a highly detailed and accurate aircraft, which features 4K texturing, PBR effects and incredibly high detailed cockpit displays and night lighting. As mentioned, the aircraft will also feature accurate FMOD sounds, which is shown off with the latest video from the team.
Beyond the aircraft systems and modelling, iniSimulations has also included a feature-rich onboard Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), which includes a performance calculator and other features to assist the pilot. Both weather and terrain radars are also included, along with compatibility for BetterPushback and also built-in panel state capabilities. A full feature list is down below.
The aircraft continues to be tested by the beta testing team and iniSimulations are clear that they won’t be rushing the release for this upcoming X-Plane 11 aircraft.
Despite being announced over a year ago, iniSimulations has been somewhat quiet on that aircraft development. However they wanted to give a brief statement with the current project status. During the past year, iniSimulations have made strides in the development of the key systems for the aircraft. In the mean time, external modelling has also taken place with a couple of new renders below highlighting the current status.
No more on the A380 was shared, but did say that “things will be moving quickly now” on this project.
High Fidelity Systems:
- Detailed custom FMS designed to replicate an “On The Line” experience
- Including but not limited to SID, STARS, SEC flight plan, custom VNAV and LNAV, altitude and speed constraints, holds and PBD waypoints support (place bearing distance)
- Independent FMS (separate) with state of the art high definition pop-outs with high-resolution cockpit displays
- Exceptional custom system rendition; including bespoke hydraulic, electrical, pressurisation, fuel operation including unique A300-600R trim tank functionality
- Unique behavioural characteristics of the A300-600R simulated throughout each system for the most excellent immersive experience
- Extensively tuned flight model to capture A300-600R characteristics including accurate performance; landing and takeoff behaviour with custom ground effect simulation
- Custom taxiing behaviour following extensive consultation from empirical sources
- Custom stalling behaviour including aerodynamic buffet
- Accurate rendition of General Electric GE CF6-80C2A1 and Pratt & Whitney PW4000 variant engine behaviour
- ACARS Wind Uplink
Accurate & Detailed Texturing/Modelling
- 4K texturing in both the exterior and interior of the aircraft
- PBR Effects
- High-Resolution Cockpit displays
- Accurate night lighting
- Accurate rendition of General Electric GE CF6-80C2A1 and Pratt & Whitney PW4000 model
- An excellent plethora of liveries by the iniBuilds Painting team available for free on day of release
- FMOD sounds with two unique sound sets for each engine type, accompanied with authentic sound recordings from the real aircraft
- Audio dynamically balanced within a 3D environment, with location-dependent audio, as well as the inclusion of audio based on a variety of environmental conditions
- All buttons, levers and switches have their own unique sound that varies each time during interaction.
- Eree iniSimulations A300-600R passenger expansion (coming soon)
- iniGroundHandling Set for both A300 Freighter and Passenger Expansion
- Feature-rich onboard Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
- Revolutionary performance calculator and data
- Interactive loading area functionality
- Built-in panel state capabilities
- Comprehensive weather and terrain radars
- Compatibility with BetterPushback plugin
- Extensive user settings options