Just now, Microsoft has released their weekly update for the upcoming Flight Simulator on their blog website. This week, Episode 8 of the Feature Discovery Series was released and covered IFR in the new sim, as well as some other great information.
Feature Discovery Series
After being pushed back multiple times, Episode 8 of the Feature Discovery Series has been released. This episode covered IFR or Instrument Flight Rules.
Starting off, the in sim NavData is updated every 28 days and is going to be provided by Navblue. This provides an ARINC 424 Navigation Database. The video also shows off the flight planning page, which can automatically generate a route for the user after selecting a departure and arrival point and based on different rules. The flight planning page is also capable of using SIDs and STARs. Different phases of flight were shown off in the A320 with the ATC giving instructions and the aircraft following the planned route. VOR, NDB, and other navigation aids are also covered in the video. The default ATC also was showed off.
Check out the full video for a more in-depth showcase than the summary we have provided here.
The team has announced that Alpha 188.8.131.52 will be released within the next 24 hours. The update to Alpha 3 will contain “updates to Peripherals and Controls, Planes, UI, and Stability.” A full change list can be seen below.
Alpha invitations are also being sent out today, so check your emails if you have signed up to be a part of the Alpha.
Bug fixes and changes:
Peripherals and Controls:
- Fixed loading of the save-buffer size when loading into the XBOX Live Cloud saves – this will fix the issue that was creating new input profiles for peripherals
- Similarly but not the same, fixed the loading of save-files from the cloud
- Fixed the issues when setting up peripherals to allow you to validate set up
- Cockpit plane interiors have been updated on the 747
UI and Controls:
- Fixed issue that was preventing users from exiting the Control Settings screen in the UI
- Fixed the crash after selecting a custom profile when setting up a peripheral
An updated Feedback Snapshot was added to the insider area.
Lots of great Alpha screenshots were shared, showing off the beautiful 747-8i, some great landscapes, night lighting, and more.
The next update is on June 6th. We will be sure to update everyone when it’s released.