Scenery developer MK-Studios has shared more details and a changelog for their Tenerife Vol.1 V2.30 scenery update. The update, made over on the company’s Facebook page, included a few screenshots and went into detail on what we can expect from the latest renditon of this popular tourist airport.
The scenery is said to include an all new 2m/pixel resoloution mesh as well as 20cm/pixel satellite imagery around the vicinity of the airport. A changelog, based on user feedback, was also published and included a number of items with the most notable being the compatibility update for Prepar3D Version 5. Other noteworthy improvements include the incorporation of PBR textures on all terminal buildings and animated people.
Tenerife South Airport is the largest on the island of the same name and the second busiset airport in the Canary Islands as a whole. The airport serves as a gateway to the popular holiday destination and is served by an incredibly large array of airlines, from low cost operators to major flag carriers. The airport handled around 11.2 million passengers in 2019 with all five of the busiest routes being to the United Kingdom.
The screenshots that were released, all focus on showing off the detailed ground textures mentioned above.
No release date was given but it was stated that update 2.30 will be coming to Prepar3D Version 5 with all previously supported simulators (FSX, P3D V3 and P3D V4) also receiving a similar update. Further to this, MK-Studios also said they are hopeful that they can bring Tenerife Vol.1 V2 into the new Flight Simualtor from Microsoft “as soon as its out”.
For more news from MK-Studios, as well as a full list of other Prepar3D V5 compatible addons, stay tuned to FSElite.
- Prepar3D V5 Compatibility
- New, updated satellite image for the whole island including 20cm/pixel resolution for the airport area
- New high-resolution mesh (2m/pixel)
- Slight runway/taxiway improvements
- PBR materials added for the whole terminal
- Animated people added
- Runway lights insensitivity adjusted
- Dynamic lights adjusted
- Taxiway labels fixed for taxiway D
- 3D greenhouses added near the airport
- Small autogen improvements
- SODE errors fixed
- Random windsock problems fixed
- Static plane texture problem fixed