- Increased AI side buffer distance (helps preventing AI cars merging back to the racing line too soon)
- Increased Field speed perception, reduced length ahead factored (slightly less slowdowns in packs)
Nice improvement. Makes it nicely difficult to anticipate being in position to take advantage of pack slowdowns.
- Reduced minimal lateral distance for defensive moves
Nice improvement. AI aren’t jumping all over the place now.
- Increased AI lateral rate of movement when calm
Could probably be dialed in a little more, increased so first lap doesn’t leave as large gaps as it’s still possible to advance a lot on the first lap, though not as much as previously.
- Further reduced AI brake power in GT / prototypes
Looks about right, at least on a dry track. Haven’t re-checked wet tracks.
- Further increased AI care with human players
AI drops back too much space when human squeezes AI, so human is not challenged again by that AI.
I’m running 103% difficulty, 60% aggression at Guapore with the MCR2000 and after the first lap, it was a challenge to get around the AI. Braking capability is close to mine, but they’re a little slow using the throttle out of a turn. Still running faster laps, but the AI fast laps are much closer to mine than the previous AI update, so it’s easy to catch them and run with them, but, as I said, difficult to get around them with half my attempts being clean and half not, gaining only 4 positions after the first lap of 10.