Fanatec has released the user guide for their limited edition ClubSport 2020 steering wheel, celebrating their official partnership with the Formula One eSports series.
The video takes those lucky buyers who managed to get their hands on this limited wheel through all of its features.
The wheel comes with a forged carbon finish on the 5 mm carbon fibre front plate, the wheel’s equipped with the ClubSport Magnetic Paddle shifters, their 3mm carbon fibre paddles finished in forged carbon are exclusive to this limited wheel.
Limited to 2020 units globally, the wheel sold out quickly. A run down of it’s features is below, more information is available on the Fanatec website.
Fanatec ClubSport F1 2020 Steering Wheel Features
- F1-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm for fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fibre
- 5 mm solid carbon fibre front plate with forged carbon finish. Carbon fibre plate is constructed of approx. 30 layers of unidirectional carbon cloth
- Grips made of genuine smooth leather, perforated for improved breathability
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1200 g (subject to production changes)
- 11 buttons plus two paddle shifters with ultra-reliable switches
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches
- One FunkySwitch™ (7-way joystick/encoder)
- One analogue joystick (2-axis)
- Two thumb encoders easily reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-colour LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) each with three multi-colour LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, flag warnings, pit limiter, and more, as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- User-defined LED and display behavior via FanaLab
- 1″ 128×64 white OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module pre-installed (this accessory will also be available separately, by the end of Q3 2020. Price 99.95EUR, 99.95USD, 11,900JPY, 169.90AUD)
- Exclusive carbon fibre paddles finished in forged carbon
- Paddle plates made of real, 3 mm-thick carbon fibre
- Paddle module cage made of CNC machined aluminium
- Neodymium magnets
- Paddle module easily upgradable to PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- 11 customisable black button caps included
- Full sticker set and application tool from ‘Button Caps and Sticker Set’ included
- Exchangeable Quick Release made of aluminium