- New update deployed to public build.
- Multiple Bathurst changes.
- Push-to-pass implemented for various series.
Another Automobilista 2 update is fresh off the production line and available to download the next time you fire up the simulation on Steam, and although not classified as a major build release, it comes complete with a number of useful goodies and fixes that further expand and improve this latest racing simulation to hit the market.
The new build should be the third and final hotfix for the post V1 version of the sim, with a more substantial update planned to be deployed to the software at the end of the month.
- Update notes from the new build.
- Further monthly major build updates planned at the end of each month.
- AI improvements for various series.
Reiza Studios have confirmed the future development plans of for the simulation consist of monthly build updates towards the end of each month, with hotfix releases only planned should they be required following a major new patch. As such, this third hotfix for V1 should be the final one until the end of July, unless any major issues present themselves between now and then.
The Beta build of the sim, available to early adopters and the previous crowdfunding campaign backers, will continue to receive updates as and when they are available, prior to rolling out to the main public build of the simulation.
- Added real driver names to Stock Car 2020 series & fictional names to ARC Camaro series (all series will feature dedicated driver names and AI personalities by the next update)
- Bathurst: Adjusted track, curbing and wall geometry in several places: elevation at The Cutting, curb height at Quarry, curb width & angle at McPhillamy Park, walls at Forrest’s Elbow, curb width at The Chase and curb height at Murray’s corner; tweaked foliage placement & types; added more details to the roads & environment; added crowds; added several buildings; added distant villages; finished power lines & night lighting; adjusted livegrass placement; adjusted shadows and optimization; added hires adverts textures; Fixed wrong normals on 150m board
- Recalibrated brake marker spacing at Goiania, Cascavel, Guapore
- Corrected object orientation and reset pivot on dynamic brake marker objects. at Velopark, Interlagos, Campo Grande
- Adjusted onboard cameras for Camaro SS, Chevette, Fusca, F-Trainer, Uno, MCR2000, Sprint Race, Ultima GTR (full revision to follow in next update)
- Super V8: corrected RPM display range
- Sprintrace, Corolla, Stock Car 2019, Copa Uno: Fixed stickers flickiring and interior LOD issues
- Added wiper animations to Copa Uno & Uno Copa Classic B
- Corrected windshield wiping animation for MIT Lancer R & RS, Stock Car 2019, Copa Montana, Metalmoro AJR, Sigma P1, Opala 1979, 1986 & Old Stock
- Fixed Goiania layout for first round of Stock Car 2020 championship
- Added missing Stock Car Push-To-Pass functionality (not allowed in 1st lap, 5s delay between button pressing & activation) to Copa Montana, Stock Car 2019 & Stock Car 2020
- Stiffened front tyre sidewalls for F-Reiza, F-Ultimate,Stock Car, Ultima GTR (Road & Race), Copa Truck, F3, F-Trainer, Sprint Race, Montana, Caterhams & all Prototype classes
- Removed medium tyre compound option for StockCar 2020 (only hards available now as per 2020 rules)
- Lowered default diff preload & viscous lock settings (requires setup reset to take effect)
- Minor AI callibration to Stock2020, F-Retro, G55 series
Original Source: Reiza Studios
Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!