- Silverstone 1975 ‘No Chicane’ layout added.
- Silverstone 2001 National and International layouts added.
- Further Championship UI design Improvements.
A fresh round of improvements and changes have been released for Automobilista 2 today, as the Brazilian Reiza Studios development team remain hard at work refining and updating their new racing simulation. The new build is a minor hotfix update, however that doesn’t stop it from being packed with content with no less than three new Silverstone layouts having been released – the title now including both National and International configurations for the pre-Silverstone Wing version of the circuit, as well as a ‘no chicane’ version of the 1975 Grand Prix setup.
In terms of the simulation itself, the update today is notable for some further improvements around the current WIP Championship mode – with what Reiza are describing as ‘initial updates’ to the UI design around this feature. Also notable are a couple of driver animation adjustments for both tin top and open wheel content, plus various art pass improvements on the many varied new Silverstone versions.
You can check out the full update notes below:
- Added Silverstone 1975 “No Chicane” layout
- Added Silverstone 2001 National & International layouts
- Silverstone 1991: added missing physical tyre barriers, smoothed segments of curb steps vs surrounding terrain to minimise chances of cars launching over it; added missing start light gantry,
- Silverstone 2001: added start light gantry
- Silverstone 2020: minor art pass, added missing brake markers
- Initial updades to Championship UI design
- Temporarily disabled time acceleration mid-session (may trigger physics issues) until such are resolved
- Adjusted driver animations for Brabham BT26A
- Adjusted driver animations for Ultma GTR Race
The new build should be available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.
Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.
Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don’t know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms – come say hello!