Orbx previews their first Swedish airport for MSFS Gothenburg-Landvetter, ICAO: ESGG, soon to be released in the new Microsoft flight simulator. Gothenburg or “Göteborg” in Swedish is the second-largest city of Sweden. Gothenburg-Landvetter serves 7 million passengers annually to local, European, and long-haul destinations. Located about 20km from the city center, the airport hosts aircraft from regional turboprops up to long haul and charter operators such as TUI and Qatar. The city of Gothenburg is also home to Volvo meaning you get to see the Antonov An-12 visiting the airport from time to time.
The scenery itself features brand new PBR materials and a completely-rebuilt ground poly utilizing both custom GP textures, updated static aircraft types, a host of new unique GSE equipment, and many more. This makes the airport look ultra-realistic with accurate 4K 3D modeling of the airport terminal building end even features interior modeling! The uniquely shaped parking-garage outside of the terminal even features correct advertising from real life. Gothenburg-Landvetter recently has undergone a terminal and apron extension which also is correctly and clearly modeled in the sim with 4 new moveable glass-jetway boarding bridges instead of the old fashioned green colored bridges and the brand new dark asphalt on the new apron. Although this is the most detailed and up-to-date version of Gothenburg-Landvetter the developer promises it is “Painstakingly optimized for very high performance”.
Full list of features down below, more info and screenshots here:
- Exquisitely detailed 4k depiction of ESGG Gothenburg Landvetter Airport
- Sweden’s second-busiest airport, served by over 40 local and long-haul airlines
- Ultra-detailed 4K textures with completely overhauled PBR texturing
- Highly detailed ground poly with custom lines and markings
- Interior modelling for main terminal
- Beautiful hand-coloured custom aerial imagery
- New custom static aircraft & GSE unique to Landvetter Airport
- Stunning dynamic night lighting
- Weather-influenced ground textures
- Completely AI-compatible
- Terrain-defined runway
- Perfect for a short hop to Ålesund Vigra Airport, with more Scandinavian destinations on the way!
- Painstakingly optimized for very high performance
- The first project for MSFS from renowned developer Marcus Nyberg