IRIS Simulations has released Jabiru J160/J170 aircraft for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Exported to countries around the globe, Jabiru aircraft is a tried and tested concept in Australian aviation, being used for recreational flying, flight training, rural property management, commuting, surveillance, and surveying. The Jabiru J160 and J170 aircraft are powered by a Jabiru 4 cylinder 4 stroke 2200cc air-cooled engine which makes the aircraft a joy to fly, with a 100-knot cruise speed and a very economical engine, it is a popular training aircraft for Australia’s Recreational Aviation certification.
- Crew: 1 x pilot and 1 x passenger
- Wingspan: 8.12 m (26 ft 8 in)
- Empty weight: 300 kg (661 lb)
- Gross weight: 540 kg (1,190 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 135 litres (30 imp gal; 36 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Jabiru 2200 four cylinder, air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 60 kW (80 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed wooden, fixed pitch
- Cruise speed: 185 km/h (115 mph, 100 kn)
- Stall speed: 84 km/h (52 mph, 45 kn)
- Two airframes for the price of one, the Jabiru J160 and J170!
- Four custom instrument panels over a variety of aircraft layouts.
- A superb sound set recorded directly from the Jabiru engine using Wwise techniques.
- A BONUS Bush Trip! Explore the Gippsland Lakes area of Eastern Victoria and visit locations close to the heart of the IRIS Simulations team!
- High-resolution paint kit available separately via download.
- An in-simulator aircraft manager allows the user to toggle on or off various visual parts.
- A superb flight model for the light handling and excellent characteristics of the Jabiru J160 and J170 aircraft tested and flown by Jabiru pilots and instructors.
- A total of sixteen high-resolution paint schemes over two aircraft.
PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD
Available to purchase at OrbxDirect for AUD 35.00 / USD 24.98 / EUR 21.06 / GBP 19.15