Airworthy Designs has released both Saint Martin Princess Juliana Airport, ICAO: TNCM, and Grand Case-Espérance Airport, ICAO: TFFG, for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator as one package. Princess Juliana is the main airport on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin. The airport is located on the Dutch side of the island, and it is named after Queen Juliana, who landed there while still only heir presumptive in 1944, the year after the airport opened. The airport has very low-altitude flyover landing approaches, owing to one end of its runway being extremely close to the shore and Maho Beach.
There is also an airport on the French side of the island, called Grand Case-L’Espérance, which is mainly used for flights by regional passenger aircraft flying to Guadeloupe and Saint Barth, as well as used by private aircraft. Larger aircraft such as the ATR-72 have to power pushback after lining up on the runway for departure, due to the short 1200 meters long runway. It is the second and smaller airport of Saint Maarten, after Princess Juliana.
Available to purchase from simMarket for EUR 19.83
- FPS optimized with aggressive LOD setups and efficient use of texture assets
- Custom ortho textures for the airport surroundings
- Maho beach brought to life with dynamic animations and custom lighting
- Custom mesh
- Detailed Interiors
- Multi-layered ground poly
- Over 5000 hand-placed objects
- PBR workflow for all scenery assets
- Continued support with content updates