ImagineSim has released Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport, ICAO: KATL, for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. The airport is located seven miles (11 km) south of downtown Atlanta, Georgia. It has been the world’s busiest airport by passenger travel since 1998. The airport has international service within North America and to South America, Central America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. As an international gateway to the United States, Hartsfield–Jackson ranks seventh in international passenger traffic.
There are two terminals, the Domestic Terminal and the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal, where passengers check-in and claim bags. Atlanta has five runways, all parallel, aligned east-west. Runways 8R/26L and 9L/27R are used for departures: as they’re the closest to the mid-field terminals, this reduces the amount of fuel needed to taxi to the runway. Runway 10/28 is assigned to either arrivals or departures, depending on what airfield operations have prioritized.
Available to purchase from in-game Marketplace for USD 19.99
- A complete custom-built replacement of the default Atlanta airport
- Handcrafted buildings and airport grounds
- High-resolution textures
- Fantastic night lighting
- Internal terminal modeling
- Hundreds of airside vehicles and ground staff
- Sloping and undulating runways and terrain
- Interactive passenger jetways
- Enormous 10-mile square coverage of the airport area
- Framerate performance optimization
- Regular free updates and improvements as MSFS matures