Weather Force 2020 is a METAR-Based Dynamic Real-Time Weather Engine for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. By utilizing inter-process communication with the simulator via fine granular control, you will experience automated, dynamic, and smooth weather transitions from real-world reporting METAR stations. Weather Force also includes a wide range of proprietary dynamic, changing (non-static) weather scenarios. These scenarios are unlike the static weather presets that ship with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- METAR data is updated 6 times an hour, downloaded directly from NOAA, providing accurate results within a 1/8th.
- Utilizes uniquely built algorithms to combine both METAR and model data to cover sparse areas such as deserts and oceans.
- GFS model data provides key atmospheric conditions to give a snapshot of temperature and winds aloft.
- If a nearby airport METAR indicates a thunderstorm, it is generated next to the reporting station as in real life.
Available to purchase from Aerosoft for EUR 23.40
- FIXED – Multiple cloud layer decks now rendering properly.
- FIXED – Registration process, to avoid having to re-enter registration criteria.
- FIXED – Tightened weather synthesis grid to locate closer airports.
- FIXED – Reduced thickness of low level overcast cloud layers.
- FIXED – Increased font of METAR and TAF reports on main interface.
- IMPROVED – Fog rendering when no clouds are reported on the METAR.
- ADDED – Support for Pilot2ATC.
- ADDED – Option to disabled Aerosol synthesis during weather injections.
- ADDED – 4 additional Dynamic Weather Presets: Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Rainy Day and Bob Ross Happy Clouds.
- Technical Update 2 installation instructions available here