Orbx Simulation Systems has released Malmö Airport, ICAO: ESMS, for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Serving as Sweden’s fourth-busiest airport, Malmö welcomes passengers from across Scandinavia, as well as further afield across central and southern Europe. Many will know the airport by its popular previous name, Malmö Sturup Airport, which although officially discontinued in 2007, is still what it is colloquially known by. Whilst most at-home with narrowbody (737/A320/E-Jet) and regional aircraft (BAe146/CRJ/F-50/ATR-72) types, Malmö also sees the occasional 747 or An-124.
No detail has been spared with the creation of Malmö. New PBR textures have been implemented, whilst a host of MSFS-native features such as sloped runway, dynamic lighting, custom projected mesh (ground poly) have been included. Brand new static aircraft and GSE models custom-designed for ESMS have been included, and a carefully color-balanced custom aerial image improves the ground quality considerably over the default ortho.
Available to purchase from Orbx for EUR 15.39
- Exquisitely detailed 4k depiction of ESMS Malmö Airport
- Ultra-detailed 4K textures with completely overhauled PBR texturing
- Highly detailed ground poly with custom lines and markings
- Incredibly detailed 3D modelling, including terminal interiors
- Beautiful hand-coloured custom aerial imagery
- New custom static aircraft & GSE unique to Sturup Airport
- Sloped runway
- Stunning dynamic night lighting
- Weather-influenced ground textures
- Completely AI-compatible
- Painstakingly optimized for very high performance
- From acclaimed developer Marcus Nyberg