Your Controls is a shared cockpit mod for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. A community member Sequal32 has done an amazing job of providing shared cockpit functionality. Several planes included in MSFS are supported, such as the Diamond DA62 and the TBM 930. More planes will be supported, like the Citation CJ4 being one newcomer in the future. The FlyByWire Airbus A320NX is supported already as well, allowing the Captain, the Co-pilot, and a jumpseat Pilot to connect from their homes for the same flight.
Your Controls shared cockpit mod will also work when flying in online airspaces, such as VATSIM. While the Co-pilot handles the ATC, the Captain turns the knobs and vice versa. The one who controls the plane can be switched in-flight. It’s so much more “As Real As It Gets”, and takes flight simulations to the next level. Asobo Studio has promised an in-build shared cockpit mode coming in the future Sim Updates, but some time can go by until this will be ready from them.
Setup the FlyByWire A32NX with Your Controls on VATSIM:
- Make sure both Captain and Co-pilot have the same A32NX version (DEV or STABLE) installed.
- MSFS Multiplayer settings should be the same as usual on VATSIM (Group Flight, no AI, Live Weather).
- Load your flights with the same plane, airport, and gate/ramp.
- Run Your Controls .exe file, one of you makes the server, and the others connect to it.
- The one who made the server is PILOT FLYING, controlling the aircraft by default.
- PILOT FLYING can give the aircraft control to the other pilot by choosing GIVE CONTROL.
- PILOT FLYING connects to VATSIM using callsign, for example here, AAL123, aircraft type A20N, and files a flight plan.
- PILOT MONITORING connects to VATSIM using callsign AAL123A, with same aircraft type A20N, and check that “shared cockpit mode (observer mode)” is on. Do NOT file a flight plan.
- A third pilot can join the jumpseat by connecting to VATSIM using callsign AAL123B, aircraft type A20N, and checking “shared cockpit mode (observer mode)” on. Do NOT file a flight plan.
- Voice connection between the crew is not supported at the moment, so you will need a separate program for it.