Fanatec has launched the last product of 2020, revealing the Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel V2.
A full size replica of the real McLaren GT3 race car wheel based on McLaren CAD data, the V2 version of the wheel comes with redesigned electronics for improved performance and durability, improved magnetic shifters and improved analogue paddles that can be used in several modes, including brake/throttle mode, making the new wheel a great option for disabled sim racers as well.
The new version is also fully compatible to Microsoft’s Xbox Series X & S on compatible wheel bases.
The Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren Steering Wheel V2 is available for order & shipping now, selling for 199,99 Euros/Dollars at the Fanatec Webshop.
Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren Steering Wheel V2 Features
- Full-scale replica of a McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel
- Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited
- Officially licensed for Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S
- Two analogue paddles with reinforced honeycomb pattern, supporting four switchable modes:
- Clutch bite-point mode (standard/advanced)
- Clutch/handbrake mode
- Brake/throttle mode (allows driving without pedals connected)
- Mappable axis mode
- Clutch bite-point system can be used in any game with analogue clutch input
- Magnetic shifters for superior tactile response
- Rocker-type paddle made from anodised aluminium allows up and down-shifts with one hand (possible on both sides)
- Diamond texture grips on shifter and clutch paddles
- New tool-free Simplified Quick Release Adapter design:
- Improved ease of use (no clamping bolt required) and durability
- Exchangeable, supports ClubSport Quick Release Adapter, unlocking High Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases
- Avoids any play in the QR system
- 1”, 128 x 64 resolution OLED display (white)
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Multi-Position Switches: two 12-position switches, configurable as endless rotary encoders
- 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
- Two high-bezel snap-dome buttons with laser-engraved P and N lettering. Identical resistance to the buttons on the real wheel
- Seven standard buttons with exchangeable button caps
- Tuning Menu button for instant access to force feedback and other Fanatec hardware adjustments
- Overmolded rubber grips (like the original GT3 wheel) with 50 Shore A hardness
- Racing-style button caps included
- Button label placement indicators for placing additional indicators such as “VIEW” & “KERS” (sticker set included)
- Xbox® mode LED indicator
- Weight 1090 g (with Simplified QRA) / 1280 g with ClubSport QRA
- 300 mm diameter
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4™
- Podium Wheel Base DD1
- Podium Wheel Base DD2
- Podium Racing Wheel F1® (Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™)
- Xbox: if connected with this steering wheel, the above mentioned wheel bases will be compatible with with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S.
- PC and other platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
- The functionality of this product on Xbox or PlayStation can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent.