Scenery developer team ARIMA has released Dortmund Airport, ICAO: EDLW, for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. It is a minor international airport located 10 km (6.2 mi) east of Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia. It serves the eastern Rhine-Ruhr area, the largest urban agglomeration in Germany, and is mainly used for low-cost and leisure charter flights. In 2019 the airport served 2,719,563 passengers. The nearest major international airport is Düsseldorf Airport approximately 70 km (43 mi) to the southwest.
WizzAir has been the most significant contributor to the airport’s revival. The Hungarian low-cost airline began service in the mid-2000s by operating several routes to Eastern Europe, in large parts due to the Ruhr’s significant Slavic community. In June 2020, in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, Wizzair announced that Dortmund Airport would become its 33rd base, the first in Germany.
Available now on simMarket for EUR 18.14
- Highly Detailed Dortmund Intl Airport (EDLW).
- Highly Detailed Airport Terminal, Buildings, and installation Hangars and Ground Poly Design.
- Using Of PBR Textures.
- Corrected Main Apron And GAT Apron Elevation And Mesh Terrains.
- Full Airport Layout Redesigned (Parking Positions and Taxiways Realworld)
- Full Dynamic Lighting.
- Custom Animated Jetways, with Dynamic.
- Accurate Custom Taxiway Signs and Ground Markings.
- Frame Rates Friendly