IVAO, the International Virtual Aviation Organisation, has released a brand-new Datalink module for its ATC Client: Aurora. The Datalink feature will seamlessly integrate with the Hoppie ACARS system, bringing excellent news for IVAO pilots using Hoppie enabled aircraft, such as the FSLabs A3xx series. Paving the way for an even more realistic experience through their MCDU/ACARS. IVAO members who are not using a Hoppie-compatible third-party ACARS system will still be able to receive Datalink messages from IVAO’s connected ATC stations through the ATC’s primary active frequency.
The new Datalink system consists of two parts:
- Telex, which is a simple messaging system that can be used for controller/pilot and pilot/pilot communication. Telex is not used as an alternative to voice communication.
- CPDLC (Controller Pilot Data Link Communications) is a Controller/pilot communication system used for non urgent communication, that is an alternative to voice communication.
AURORA v1.2.5b NEW FEATURES
- D-Link (COMBOX)
- UP-Link list for sectors.
- VERA advanced with prediction.
- QDM Turn calculation.
- Vertical Profile for INSET.
- Vertical Profile color settings.
- Filters RADIO changed in (visual/select/zoom).
- HAL set creates traffic data from the scenario.
- Training/exam added type “Trfc Count” (Counts voice traffic).
- Saves preferred runways in profile