Macco Simulations has released Birmingham Airport, ICAO: EGBB, for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Previously known as Elmdon Airport, opened in 1939 with its first flights being to and from Glasgow, Liverpool, and Croydon. During the Second World War, this airport was used as a Royal Airforce Training site until 1949 when British Airways was the first to begin commercial services again to destinations such as Amsterdam, Zurich, Palma, and Barcelona.
Currently, Birmingham Airport is the seventh busiest airport in the United Kingdom, with it previously being the home to FlyBe, who recently went into administration. The airport boasts a unique runway with multiple dips and humps, which makes watching an Emirates Airbus A380 superjumbo rolling down the runway and amazing sight!
Available now on Macco for GBP 8.99
- PBR textures created from scratch and used throughout the airport
- Custom Taxi Lines
- Custom models developed specifically for MSFS2020
- Accurate and custom night lighting +Additional immersive lighting such as flashing lights
- Accurate approaches and ILS Glide Slopes
- Runway warning lights (wig-wags)
- Free future updates
- Custom Jetways (In future update)
- Latest VATSIM compatible taxiways, ground markings, and taxiway signs based on latest charts