Aerosoft has released the On The Road – Truck Simulator for PlayStation 4. In this realistic truck simulation, game players steer their trucks on approximately 6,000 km of Autobahn and another 600 km of country roads all across Germany to get their jobs done. Along the way, they pass through well-known traffic points such as highway interchanges and triangles and explore 16 cities including Hamburg, Bremen, Cologne, Hanover, and Berlin with many characteristic road designs and landmarks.
Licensed by the two manufacturers MAN and Scania, several trucks have been faithfully recreated with the same technical features as their role models. For example, the TGX model series (2016) from MAN and the R series (2013) from Scania are available to players in different versions. In addition, there are various trailers depending on the intended use. Already been released for the PC being consistently improved since the Early Access launch.
- Approx. 6000 km of a freeway and 600 km of country roads on a scale of 1:10
- Detailed replicated freeway junctions and triangles
- 16 cities with unique road constructions
- Licensed vehicles: MAN TGX (2016) and Scania R series (2013) both as tractor unit 4×2, box 4×2, and box 6×2
- Various trailers
- Solo drives
- An economic system with its own forwarding agency
- Complex route planning with combined freight and rest times
- Abandonment of vehicles possible and necessary