Weather Force 2020 is a METAR-Based Dynamic Real-Time Weather Engine for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. By utilizing inter-process communication with the simulator via fine granular control, you will experience automated, dynamic, and smooth weather transitions from real-world reporting METAR stations. Weather Force also includes a wide range of proprietary dynamic, changing (non-static) weather scenarios. These scenarios are unlike the static weather presets that ship with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- METAR data is updated 6 times an hour, downloaded directly from NOAA, providing accurate results within a 1/8th.
- Utilizes uniquely built algorithms to combine both METAR and model data to cover sparse areas such as deserts and oceans.
- GFS model data provides key atmospheric conditions to give a snapshot of temperature and winds aloft.
- If a nearby airport METAR indicates a thunderstorm, it is generated next to the reporting station as in real life.
Available as an instant download on Aerosoft Shop for EUR 23.40
- FIXED – Support for the latest build of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator.
- FIXED – Weather injection for stations reporting precipitation, but no clouds within the metar report.
- More information can be found here.